Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grilling Season Is Here!


We grilled out for the first time last night! Yeah! We moved an old concrete slab and pieced together some huge old foundation stones to create grilling central right outside our back door. I still need to fill in between the stones with some limestone findings. We are finally getting our yard in order a bit and look a little less like the Beverly Hillbillies, although, we still have a ways to go:) I simply made Riemer Beef burgers and veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes and onions). Quick tip for burgers: add one egg/lb of beef so that the burger stays together nicely on the grill. This makes them easier to shape and flip and does not alter the taste as far as I can tell.

Sisters...awwww. I guess my girls are not the only sisters that like to cuddle. These lovely ladies (the yellow one might actually be a boy...to fuzzy to really figure it out) like to hang out on the porch and watch life go by. Dorthy Ann in the middle is the favorite but they are all very sweet. They did not seem as excited about the yummy grilling smells as I was though!

No comments:

Post a Comment