We love sweet corn! Below is an easy recipe that the girls ask for. They call them Corn Pancakes and they go great with a Riemer Beef Roast on a cool fall day.
1/2 C unbleached all-purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t seasoned salt
1/4 t black pepper
1 T sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 C milk
1t canola oil
2 C corn removed from the cob
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the mild and the oil. Fold in the corn.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet until hot, then reduce heat to medium. Drop tablespoons of batter into the skillet. Cook until browned on all sides, turning frequently. ENJOY!
I also wanted to share with you a quick method for keeping sweet corn for corn fritters and mid- winter stews and chili's.
2. Begin heating water for blanching*.
3. Cut corn from the cob.
4. Pack in Boilable bags & add butter if desired.
5. Press out air and seal bags.
6. Blanch bags, four at a time, in boiling water for 6 minutes.
7. Run under very cold water. Pat Bags dry & freeze.
*Blanching is a term that describes a process of wherein the food substance, usually a vegetable or fruit, is plunged into boiling water, removed after a brief, timed interval, and finally plunged into iced water or placed under cold running water (shocked) to halt the cooking process.